With the decline of cases and hospitalizations in McHenry County Illinois has moved back to Phase 4 of the reopening plan. Being back to phase 4 means that we are able to reopen for in-person worship, with restrictions.
Starting February 14th, we will begin having one worship service at 8:30am. The current restrictions are below. During our first reopening, we found that 8:30am was the best time for the majority of people. We will continue to evaluate what makes sense for in-person worship and make changes as needed. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. If you have any questions please let us know.
• Worship services will be limited to 50 people or less.
• Anyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask. No exceptions. We ask that you bring your own mask, but if you do not have one, we will provide one.
• Maintain six feet from other members whenever possible.
• Singing is what is known as a “super spreader event” as covid is primarily spread through air droplets. Singing makes the droplets smaller and go farther. Therefore, will not initially be singing in worship.
• No food or drinking.
• Limit occupancy of bathrooms to 2 people at a time.
• No children’s nursery.
• If you are sick or don’t feel well, even if your symptoms are very mild, please stay home.
• This is a fluid situation; we will follow the guidelines put forward by our local and federal health authorities. We may have to make additional changes. We appreciate your flexibility.
We recognize that even with the above recommendations, people still may not feel comfortable coming back to worship. For that reason, we will continue to offer our online worship services. They can be found on our website (gracelutheran1.org).